Trip Duration – 8 Nights / 9 Days
- Rohtang Pass (3978 m), Keylong (3350 m)
- Baralacha La the second mountain pass on our journey
- Nakeela and Lachangla Pass
- Skyangchu Thang (Biggest and Highest Plateau on Earth on Stretch of 42 Kms)
- Tanglang La Pass 17,585ft and Indus Valley
- Hall Of Fame (Museum Constructed by India Army)
- Magnetic Hill
- Gurudwara Patthar Sahib
- Confluence Of Two Rivers Indus River
- Zanskar River (known for its famous Chadar Trek)
- Nubra Valley
- Khardung La (The Highest Motorable Road In The World)
- Turtuk (A village that was won by India in the 1971 war with Pakistan)
- 16th Century Mosque, (comprising of a touch of Turkish & Iranian culture)
- Pangong lake (situated at 14,000 feet 4,267 m)
- Changla Pass 5486 Mtrs
- Hemis Gompa, the largest monastic foundation
- 3 Idiots Rancho School
While every trip we help to plan is unique in some way, we specialize in designing custom trips for clients who want an out-of-the-ordinary travel experience.
Whatever your desire, our customized itineraries will create that extraordinary experience of which memories are made.
Upon arrival at Chandigarh Railway Station / Airport you’ll met by our driver and drive to Manali. On arrival we check in at our pre-arranged hotel for overnight stay.
Today we start our journey to Leh Stopping at Jisap for a night. Today we cross Rohtang Pass (3978 m), Keylong (3350 m), upon arrival in Jispa we check in at our camps/Hotel for overnight stay.
After an early breakfast we check out from the hotel and ride north on the Manali-Leh Highway. You get to see some of the most breath taking landscapes that the Western Himalayas can offer. The scenery gets more stark and barren as we climb up to the 16,500-foot high Baralacha La the second mountain pass on our journey. From the pass beautiful views of meadows and snow-capped mountains can be seen. And we proceed further through Nakeela and Lachangla Pass 16,617 ft. Lunch at Pang. After Lunch drive to Leh passing through Skyangchu Thang (Biggest and Highest Plateau on Earth on Stretch of 42 Kms), Tanglang La Pass 17,585ft and Indus Valley. Upon arrival in Leh you’ll met by our representative and check in at our Hotel.
After breakfast you drive downstream along the River Indus on Leh – Kargil Highway. And start our sightseeing with Hall Of Fame (Museum Constructed by India Army) near Leh is worth a visit for every Indian, and proceed further to Gurudwara Patthar Sahib at an altitude of 3600 Mtrs about 22 Kms from Leh was constructed in memory of Guru Nanak Dev ji Nestled deep in the Himalayas, A drive of another 4 km took us to Magnetic Hill which defies the law of gravity. As you move ahead from Magnetic Hills, just before Nimmu Village, there comes a famous Confluence Of Two Rivers Indus River coming from Tibet (left) and Zanskar River coming from Zanskar Valley (right). Zanskar River is known for its famous Chadar Trek. After visiting confluence we head to Alchi Gompa, The complex of temples located within the village is the most celebrated of Ladakh’s monasteries and dates back to the 11th century. After visiting Alchi we back towards leh enroute visiting Likir Monastery was built in 11th century and was again re-built in 18th century and houses a 25 feet Lord gold covered Buddha Statue. Later we drive back to Leh. Evening Visit to Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa & Leh Market. Dinner & Overnight at Hotel.
Post breakfast we drive to Nubra Valley. The road journey from Leh to Nubra Valley passes over Khardung La (The Highest Motorable Road In The World) at 5,602 Mtrs / 18,390 Ft, around 39 km from Leh. From the pass, one can see all the way south over the Indus valley to seemingly endless peaks and ridges of the Zanskar range, and north to the giants of the Saser massif. Nubra Valley is popularly known as Ldumra or the valley of flowers. It is situated in the north of Ladakh between the Karakoram and Ladakh ranges of the Himalayas. The average altitude of the valley is 10,000 Ft. above sea level.
Upon arrival in Nubra we check in at our Camp / Hotel in Hunder for Overnight stay. In the evening you can walk around the tiny villages to see how the locals live in this part of the world. A visit to a Ladakhi home can be arranged. Overnight Stay at the Camp or Hotel.
After an early breakfast, proceed to Turtuk (A village that was won by India in the 1971 war with Pakistan) and extremely close to the border. Visit a 16th Century Mosque, (comprising of a touch of Turkish & Iranian culture), ruined fort of Dhards and Monastery. Admire the magnificent view of the famous K2 peak (The second highest peak in the world after Mount Everest). Later back to hotel for overnight stay.
After an early breakfast we check out from Camp or hotel and drive towards Hunder where you have opportunity to ride on a bacterian camel (double humped) amidst the sand dunes of this high altitude desert with snowcapped mountains on the horizon. On the return stop at Diskit which is the headquarter town of Nubra Valley. Stroll around the bazaar observing the shops and local people going about their daily chores. Later we drive towards Pangong Tso via Agham & Shyok Valley. Some of the road patches in areas are extremely tough (towards nubra side) in terms of road conditions but no doubt the journey is very scenic! Later after crossing this adventurous part we drive further towards Durbuk & Tangtse for Pangong you pass through few small villages of Changthang and finally you can have a sudden view of the Pangong lake situated at 14,000 feet (4,267 m). Upon arrival we check in at our Camp/Hotel Near Pangong lake (Spangmik Village). Dinner & Overnight at the Hotel
Morning at leisure to explore the beauty of lake and later we drive back to Leh via Changla Pass 5486 Mtrs en route visiting Hemis Gompa, the largest monastic foundation of Drukpa Kagyu Order of Tibetan Buddhism. And futher to Thiksey an impressive complex rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village and another 5 Kms driving through a picturesque landscape we reach to Shey Palace, The ancient capital of Ladakh & 3 Idiots Rancho School. Drive further to Leh. Dinner & Overnight at Hotel.
Tour concludes. The Yolo Holidays thanks you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer to Domestic Airport to catch the flight for your onward Destination.
- Pick up from Chanigarh Airport/ Bus station
- 08 Nights Accommodation on twin/double sharing Basis as per the Itinerary with Breakfast and Dinner
- Return airport and round trip transfers along with all sightseeing tours by Non-Ac Vehicle (Chandigarh Pick up till Leh Airport drop)
- Wild Life fees & Red Cross fee
- All toll taxes/Parking fee/Driver allowance
- Ladakh Entry Fee
- Inner Line Permit Nubra valley | Pangong lake
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices included”
- The Services of Vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the Itinerary
- Guide fee, Camera fee & any monument Entrances
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Any changes you may choose to make during your tour
- Additional costs due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc