Trip Duration – 8 Nights / 9 Days
Manali | Jalori Pass | Sojha | Banjar | Rampur | Chitkul | Sangla | Nako | Tabo | Kaza | Komik | Kibber | Langza | Hikkim | Chandartaal | Rohtang-La | Manali
While every trip we help to plan is unique in some way, we specialize in designing custom trips for clients who want an out-of-the-ordinary travel experience.
Whatever your desire, our customized itineraries will create that extraordinary experience of which memories are made.
Overnight journey from Delhi to Manali in semi-sleeper volvo bus.
After reaching Manali, freshen up yourself after check in and you will be allocated rooms as per your package plan. This day you are free to explore locally by your own. Gather in evening for a tour briefing, safety and rescue session by professionals.
Today after the breakfast, we will start our ride to Rampur via Sojha, Banjar, Jalori Pass, at an altitude of 3134 m. It is one of the attractions of Himachal Pradesh. It links inner and outer Seraj. Blessed with panoramic views, the new pass is man-made and is carved out from the mountain ranges. This pass is 150 m lower than the old Jalori Pass.
After breakfast we will start our ride towards Kinnaur Valley with the magnificent vistas throughout the way. As it is the last inhabitated village before the Indo-china border, the ride will be so beautiful and lovable. We will go to chitkul via rakchham and will come back and stay at rakchham. Today ride approx 5-6 hours. Overnight stay at Rakccham
The journey today will take you through some really bad roads. The entire section between Chitkul to Karchham and then until Pooh always remains in a bad condition. After Pooh however, the road will improve and will get excellent around Nako. Total duration of the journey will be again 7 to 8 hours so please start early. You will cross the town of Reckong Peo on the way and this is where most of the foreign nationals get the permits at.
This is more of a relaxed day so you can even start a bit late in the day. Total journey will not be any more than 5-6 hours at most and the roads will be a mix of good and average. You will cross the towns of Tabo and Dhankar on the way and a visit to the monasteries here is highly recommended.
For this day, you will stay in Kaza and make a day trip to the nearby villages of Spiti Valley. Do not check out of the hotel and leave your entire luggage there as you will be returning back to Kaza by evening. Start early from Kaza so you can cover maximum places. If you covered all the 4 villages of Kibber, Komik, Langza and Hikkim, it will be around 100 odd kilometers in total. The entire journey however will be on dirt trails as there is no road up here. For completed details on how to visit these villages and a road map of the areas, see the two articles below please.
From here on, you will start your return journey home while visiting Chandratal on the way. From Kaza, continue towards Losar and climb up Kunzum Pass. Once you reach the top of the pass, start descending down towards Batal and a couple of kilometers later, you will notice a board on your right pointing towards a narrow road that goes all the way to Chandratal. This is a narrow 14 kilometers road barely wide enough for one car so please be careful while driving on it. There are several camp sites at Chandratal that you can stay at of which, I will recommend Jamaica’s camps the best. For details on these camps and other tips on traveling to Chandratal, please see the article below. Distance traveled will be around 115 kilometers but will easily take you 6 hours at least.
Today you will be traveling on one of the worst roads you ever encountered in your life; the notorious Batal Gramphoo stretch. Entire distance between Chandratal and Manali is just around 120 kilometers but it is bound to take you around 8 hours to complete it; that’s how slow you will go at Today you will be traveling on one of the worst roads you ever encountered in your life; the notorious Batal Gramphoo stretch. Entire distance between Chandratal and Manali is just around 120 kilometers but it is bound to take you around 8 hours to complete it; that’s how slow you will go at several places. You will cross so many water streams that you will lose the count. Once you reach Gramphoo, climb up to the top of Rohtang Pass and then down to Manali.
After breakfast, we will chill out in Manali. In the evening we will start your journey towards
Delhi and bring to an end this beautiful and memorable road trip, taking back memories for a lifetime!
- Royal Enfield HIMALAYAN / 500cc / 350cc
- People who choose Bike + Fuel package will get Helmet in the package both for rider and pillion
- Fuel for the mentioned itinerary (Day – 02 to Day – 08)
- Accommodation on Double or Triple Sharing Basis as per the itinerary in hotel / camp
- Daily Breakfast ( From Day – 02 to Day – 09)
- Daily Dinner (From Day – 01 to Day – 08)
- Backup vehicle as well as Luggage van
- The Yolo Holidays Holidays Expeditions certified Group Leader
- All Inner Line Permits
- General First Aid Kit
- Tour Escort to manage your accommodation and group
- Participation Certificate on completion of the Expedition.
- Briefing by specialists on how to Travel / keep yourself safe and healthy during Expedition. We will send mails prior to departure on how to pack/ List of things you need to carry. And things to know
- Unforgettable memory and buddies for life.
- Expedition Stickers for Bike & Helmet & Cars.
- Expenses of personal nature such as Table drinks, Water bottle, snacks, telephone calls, laundry, camera fee for still or video camera, tips to drivers, local guides, and hotel staff…etc.
- Any kind of Biking gears (such as Elbow Guard, Knee Guard, Riders Jacket...etc.)
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks. . etc to be borne by the client directly on the spot
- REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT OF INR 10000/- PER BIKE (If any, damages in bike. Damage cost will be deducted from refundable security deposit of INR 10,000/-)
- Any other item which is not specified under cost inclusions
- Any entrance fee to the monastery and monuments
- Travel Insurance.
- Any item, activity or facility other than clearly mentioned within the inclusions & itinerary above.
Sequence of the day wise tour program may Change depending upon traffic schedules /restrictions on some roads and other unforeseen travel-related conditions.
If there is any unprecedented hike in the cost of transport (including fuel surcharge) or accommodation it will also affect the cost
We shall not be responsible for any change in the itinerary due to landslides, flight cancellations, weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances. The additional cost incurred will be in addition
to the cost
For Foreign National Tourist Permit Charges would be extra.